Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rebekah & Preston HISTORY: THE CHAIR


Finally, I recieve a phone call! I was in the JSB studying! I say hello and he is like Beckah how are you? "I am doing good. Who is this?" Yes that is right I didn't even recognize who was on the phone. Finally He is like Preston..."who"...Preston from English class..."Ohhh Hey Preston how are you" Yeah I felt stupid...in my defense it took him a long time to call. I thought he might not call at all. He asked if I wanted to go get lunch with him and I said I already ate, (I just didn't want him to pay for lunch for me when I am not hungry) But I told him that I was studying, but I wouldn't mind catching up with him as he ate. So we arranged to meet in the cafeteria. He went to wait in line to get his food and I waited at the table. While I was sitting I placed my hands under the edge of my chair and to my horror...not only did I find bubble gum stuck under there, But My left hand was being pinched by the chair. The chair was broken and I needed my weight to press down on the chair...as I would stand up to look at how to free my hand the weight would lessen and the metal clamp would come up exerting more pressure on my hand. So sitting there stuck was the less painful..I remember thinking how I would love preston to be my knight in shinning armor so I sat patiently waiting for him....but he took forever. I finally gave up on the idea of being saved and figured out how to save myself. I pressed all my weight down as hard as I could and was able to free my hand....when Preston came back I told him the story and that I was hoping he would have gotten his food sooner so he could have saved me.

No comments: